AL SLONAKER MEMORIAL AWARD WINNERS
|1974||Bob Reed||1909 Ford C-Cab (Country Butcher)|
|1975||John Buttera||1926 Ford T Sedan|
|1976||Jack Walker||1963 Corvette (The Condor)|
|1977||Syd DeSota||1956 Harley Davidson|
|1978||Dusty Santos||1977 Jeep|
|1979||Ken Nannerhorn||1926 Ford|
|1980||Ed Papac||1964 VW Bug (Spellbound)|
|1981||Vern Luce||1933 Ford Coupe|
|1982||Jay Ohrberg||1932 Ford Roadster (Pinocchio)|
|1983||Bob Checchini||1957 Chevy (Gold Nugget)|
|1984||Ed Gonsalves||1971 Corvette|
|1985||Steve Lykens||1932 Ford Sedan Delivery|
|1986||James Winfrey||1966 Corvette (High Plains Drifter)|
|1987||Frank DeRosa||1951 Mercury|
|1988||Chris Addington||1969 VW Karman Ghia (Rod Buster)|
|1989||Jim Thayer||1988 Ford Thunderbird (Pegasus)|
|1990||Bernt Karlsson||1955 VW Bug (Pink Lady)|
|1991||Bill Abate||1956 Lincoln (Royal Empress)|
|1992||Bob Dron||1992 Harley Davidson|
|1993||David Sellers||1984 Jeep CJ-7|
|1994||Dan Fink||1932 Ford Woody (Speed Wagon)|
|1995||Richard Mattioli||1940 Ford Sedan Delivery|
|1996||Leonard Lopez||1940 Ford Coupe (Dominator)|
|1997||Fred Warren||1937 Ford Coupe (Aero Coupe)|
|1998||Tom Armstrong||1954 Corvette Nomad|
|1999||Dave Crook||1947 Ford Convertible (Job-One)|
|2000||Larry Anderson||1932 Ford|
|2001||Bud Meyer||1933 Ford|
|2002||Chris Williams||1949 Chevy Coupe (M-80)|
|2003||Rich Stadelhofer||1961 Corvette|
|2004||Jack White||1936 Chrysler|
|2005||Jorge Zaragoza||1936 Ford Coupe|
|2006||Zane Cullen||1932 Ford Track Roadster|
|2007||Jim Noteboom||1935 Ford Woody Wagon|
|2008||Leif Tufvesson||2006 Caresto V8 Roadster|
|2009||Brian Hill||1939 Ford Woody Wagon|
|2010||Wayne Cherry||2009 VSR Concept Sports Rod|
|2011||Andy Barcheck||1936 Ford Tudor Sedan|
|2012||Eric Clapton||1932 Ford 4 Door Vicky|
|2013||Jerry Kjensrud||1939 Ford 2 Door Hard Top|
|2014||James Hetfield||1948 Jaguar Coachbuilt|
|2015||Craig Moyes||1950 Chevy Fleetside PU|
|2016||Wayne Halabura||1933 Ford Coupe|
|2017||Ron Maier||1957 Chevy Nomad (ShoMad)|
|2018||Mark Mariani||1929 Ford Tudoor Sedan|
|2019||Johnny Martin||1957 Chevy (Imagine)|
|2020||Ron Ernsberger||1936 Willys Pick Up|
Al Slonaker Memorial Award Guidelines and Rules
The winner will receive a $12,500 prize and their name on the custom billet perpetual trophy provided on behalf of award sponsor ARP Fasteners, as well as a smaller version of the custom trophy to take home.
All types of vehicles, Rods, Customs, Street Machines, and Trucks are eligible to compete for the award except for roadsters as they must enter the AMBR competition.
- The vehicle must be making its debut in finished form at the Grand National Roadster Show (GNRS). Non-competition display of the unfinished vehicle, or any part of the vehicle (i.e. frame, engine or body) at another indoor or outdoor show (as well as online) is accepted for the purpose of promoting the entities/people involved in vehicle construction.
- Print, digital magazine, and social media build coverage is allowed as long as the vehicle is not shown in it’s finished state.
- No photos or video may be published of the vehicle in it’s finished form until after the car has been unveiled at GNRS.
- Artist conceptual renderings are allowed for sponsor proposals and builder promotions.
- The vehicle must prove to be functional. It must start, stop, move forward and backward, turn left and right under its own power before judging begins.
- The Slonaker competition is a special class with outstanding awards for Engine, Interior, Paint, Detail, Undercarriage, Engineering and Display.
- Slonaker entries will not be eligible for any other awards including class judging and special awards. Slonaker entries will still be eligible for “pick” awards.
All entries are required to supply their own 20×20 display including floor covering, stantions and ropes or barriers.
The judging will be done by a panel of industry experts including builders, media members, and automotive designers. They will be looking at originality, style, design, craftsmanship, engineering, and functionality.
Please call 877-763-7469 x4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a separate entry application.
Be Part of the Action!
VENDOR & SPONSOR OPPORTUNITIES
Exhibitor & Marketing Opportunities for the best Hot Rod, Custom, Truck & Classic Car Shows!
VEHICLE ENTRY INFORMATION
Join in the excitement and show off your vehicle. Enter for indoor or outdoor displays.
FROM ROD SHOWS
Get the latest news about the Grand National Roadster Show & Sacramento Autorama.